Capgemini Placement Paper
1. Find min value of fn:
x| + |2
x|; where x is an integer
2. units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
3. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp
of A is 4kmph.Sp of
i in 7 hrs
ii at 35 kms from A
iii in 10 hrs
60) / (?*7*12+3
5. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/
.transpot expense 2190/
on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit
is 2 more than tens place.
7. if x
y + z = 19 , y + z =20 ,
z=3 , find d value of x+4y
8. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this yr?
10. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
11. If a certain sum of money at SI
doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is d rate?
12. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the
radius and height of the cylinder
i. R= H
ii. R= (3/4)H
iii. R = (4/3)H
. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending order
14. A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how old will B be?
15. Boat goes
downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in 6hrs and if speed of stream was ½ of boat in
still water. Find dist PQ
16. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of
dried grapes when we begin w
ith 20 kg fresh grapes?
2kg / 2.4kg / 2.5kg /none
17. How many 5 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2, 3,4,5,6 which r divisible by 4 and digits not
144 / 168 / 192 / none
18. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each. He distribut
es these in diff bags, such that ne
sum of money of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given inbags. The min no. of such bags reqd
10 / 17 / 15 / none
19.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m.There is a walkway
of uniform widt
h around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
20. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0 miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr
X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race
Jack/Sandy/they tie/Impossible to tell
He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban
i. Rs 10 / 19 / 0 / 55
22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn.
When does it align again for the first tym?
23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
24. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
Direction for Qn 1
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
1. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the beginning of day
2. What is the age of
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
3. How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 me
4. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
5. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth rate of 5% and
6% over he past 5 yrs
ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
6. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12 hrs. How many round trips does it make
during the journey?
he boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins waiting time at
7. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is greater than n.
product of m and n is 30
8. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
Direction for Qn 9
Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played against each oth
er. The top teams played finals.
A win fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in the finals
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
9. Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India
ii. Aus & SL
iii. SA & SL
10. Who won the finals?
11. How many matches did India Win?
12. What was the outcome of the India England Match
i. India won
ii. England won
iii. It was a tie
Direction for Qn 13
are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon. The players will be seated on a dais along
one side of a single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated at the extreme
right end of table, which is
closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another and should be seated
as far apart as possible
E and F are be
st friends and want to seat together.
13. Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of the table?
14. Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A
ii. B & D
iii. C & F
iv. G & D
Direction for Qn 15
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1
6. the offices are arranged
in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke
flow easily from one office to another
Miss R nee
ds to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent
offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be
allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window.
Mr D requi
res silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco
smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non
specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of sil
ence during office hrs.
15. The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be
i. Miss H
ii. Mr. M
iii. Mr. T
iv. Mr. D
16. The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices
i. 1 2 4
ii. 2 3 6
iii. 1 2 3
iv. 1 2 3
ideal office for Mr. M would be
18. In the event of what occurrence within a period of one month since the assignment of the
offices would a request for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees?
i. Mr D quitting s
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss R
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Direction for Qn 19
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x
y axes. The robot is moved by feed
ing it with a sequence of
instructions. The different instructions that can be used in moving it, and their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co
ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x
axis through a
distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in
ve if p
WALKY(P) move parallel to y
axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in
ve if p
19. The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr. Is execu
ted, the first of which is
GOTO(x,y) , WALKY(2), WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
20. The robot is initially at (x.y), x>0 and y<0. The min no. of Instructions needed to be executed to
it to origin (0,0) if you are prohibited from using GOTO instr. Is:
iii. x + y
Direction for Qn 21
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd
gets 3 coins, and 4th gets 4
coins. It is known that Q gets more coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than
21. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr. to P then which one of the foll. is necessarily
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
22. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the foll is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q tog
ether get at least five coins
23. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the foll. is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii. R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv. P and R
together get at least 5 coins
Direction for Qn 24
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both olde
r than Zaheer by the same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
25. Which one of the foll. statements can be inferred from the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
t of Waheeda
iv. None of the above